Welcome to my blog – I am so excited you are here!
In 2011, I discovered a love for photography and started a journey to learn as much as I can. Since then I have taken three wonderful online classes, joined an amazing photography forum where I have learned so much (and made some fabulous new friends), taken a lot of pictures of my kids and pictures for friends and family, and after many, many, MANY hours of studying and practicing, found myself here – ready to share what I have learned and where I am at in this process.
One of the most exciting and wonderful things about photography (and I’ll admit at times overwhelming) is that there is always so much more to learn!! I am excited to show my growth here on this blog with any of you who decide to follow me along for the ride. Thanks for being here!!
And for fun, some random facts about me –
- Since the summer of 2010, I have had 5 different cameras. Thank you to my husband who let me flip and flop on this issue so much, ultimately to end up with a Canon 5D Mark II. I am very grateful to have such an amazing camera!
- I was voted most likely to be an actress by my senior class and somehow I ended up with a degree in accounting? Maybe that’s why I need a creative outlet like photography in my life.
- I find photographing my children VERY DIFFICULT. Let me tell you that there are usually a lot of gummy bears involved and sometimes ice cream. I have no problem with bribes.
- I LOVE to photograph other people’s kids. I think they respond better to people they don’t know. And I’ll do anything to get them to respond- use a squeaky chicken, do a pirouette in an an ally, roll around on the ground (not saying I have actually done these things………)
- Holly Kathryn is my first and middle name. You can call me Holly. 🙂
I can’t wait to see what amazing things happen in 2012!!